Thursday, February 25, 2010

Read Me Week Continued

I fixed my door and added the book's character. :]  "Oh how many feet you meet!"

Today was PAJAMA DAY, and tonight we had a family night AKA a PAJAMA PARTY!! The families had 3 places to visit on a rotation. I manned the "Sleepy Snakes" library. We had a hot chocolate, cookies, and a fabulous storyteller. The other 2 places were the "Pooped Penguins" FRC, where families heard from NPT about how to make reading fun, and the "Bedtime Bears" cafeteria, where families played literacy-related board games. Then the families had pizza and took home new books! We had a huge turn-out, and I think it went great! 




I also must add a couple of other doors that turned out really cute... I'm sure I'll add more later.







4 comments:

  1. LOVE the door decorations! What was the activity for the Cat in the Hat book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think the cat's face is made from painting the rim of a paper plate, adding ears, pipe cleaner whiskers, etc. and then each stripe of the hat they wrote an -at family word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your firefly door! I bet the kids did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get the lights for the fireflies

    ReplyDelete