Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring


Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day. We finally had warm enough weather to take down the blankets covering our windows and let in the sunlight. As shown above, Sadie has been trying to do this very thing for months now. Our front window is their second favorite place to be. (The first is their cat tree.)


My husband and I did our spring cleaning, which included everything I almost always do every weekend plus beating the rugs and doing a very thorough sweeping and dusting. We cleaned out pounds of cat hair and dust. We opened the windows and let in fresh air. Then we grilled out on the front porch with some friends. The last time we did this I was eaten alive by mosquitos and our food was attacked by flies. This time, no bugs and perfect weather. :-) Good times.

Today is rainy and cool. Tomorrow there is supposed to be a rain/snow mixture. :(  I'm so over the cold. At least tomorrow I will get to see my kiddos again. We are learning about spring, seeds, and subtraction! Maybe we should do a study on "S" while we're at it. :-P

3 comments:

  1. That picture is hilarious! I love the window shot as well....too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie/Ol' Fatty/Fluffleupigas/Pinknose is a funny cat.

    ReplyDelete