Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Flowers

(Part of our Discover Center) Today we went on a nature walk to look for signs of spring. We collected several pretty weed flowers, seeds, nuts, clovers, and green onion. The daffodil was brought to me this morning by the school counselor to cheer me from my rough day Friday. So sweet! 



When we came back inside, we watched "Peep Plants A Seed." I just discovered this show, and I love it!! 


Future activity:






We also  read The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle. 


Something cute I found, but do not remember the source (sorry!)... 


Of course we will also plant flower seeds, which will make a beautiful gift for Mother's Day, and we will observe bean seeds growing. 

1 comment:

  1. Alicia,

    I am going to try to remember to take pictures of some other great supplemental plant activities you can do. One is a math flower. Have a great day tomorrow.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete