Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Return from our 2nd Spring Break


We planted marigolds for Mother's Day. My class took the plants home yesterday. I forgot to send them home on Monday, which was our first school day back since the flood the previous weekend. That's right, they were off an entire week! We even had to cancel our Mother's Day program. Sadly, I forgot to water them the Friday before the flood, because it was a crazy field day. The plants didn't look as nice as would have liked, but I'm glad they grew. 



Aren't these paper flowers cute? My class made them for me in art class one day. 



My class this year loves puzzles! These went along with our butterfly theme really well. My class last year did not enjoy puzzles much, which I think is the reason they lost 2 pieces to my caterpillar puzzle. :,-)

This week we've spent a lot of time discussing the flood and doing end-of-year assessments. It's also career week at our school. Yesterday our channel 5 meteorologist came and talked to our kindergarten and first graders. He did a wonderful job discussing his job as well as the weather in general. The kids had a lot of interesting questions about flooding especially. I learned that the 13 1/2 inches of rain we got in just two days would have been about 13 FEET of snow with the right temperature!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment