Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer Reading

I have three and half days left with the kids! I'm pumped. It's been an exhausting year. I don't have much planned for the summer. My husband and I will visit family in Kentucky and Michigan. I will get back into regular workouts at the Y. I will sleep. I will watch So You Think You Can Dance. I will read. I bought my fourth Jodi Picoult book today - Harvesting the Heart. I couldn't help but to begin reading it already.

I'm trying to narrow down my Amazon wish list of teaching books...  




Teaching Outside the Box: How to Grab Your Students By Their Brains
 by LouAnne Johnson


Creating Classrooms Where Teachers Love to Teach And Students Love to Learn
 by Robert Sornson




Teaching With Love and Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom
 by Jim Fay, David Funk



Teach with Your Strengths: How Great Teachers Inspire Their Students 
 by Rosanne Liesveld, Jo Ann Miller, and Jennifer Robison 


Seven Simple Secrets: What the BEST Teachers Know and Do! 

 by Annette L. Breaux and Todd Whitaker


Failure Is Not an Option®: 6 Principles for Making Student Success the ONLY Option 
 by Alan M. Blankstein 


REAL TEACHERS, REAL CHALLENGES, REAL SOLUTIONS 
 by Annette Breaux and Elizabeth Breau


The Courage to Teach: Exploring the Inner Landscape of a Teacher's Life 
 by Parker J. Palmer 

Any recommendations? 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alicia!

    I think your summer reading list looks great. I'm excited that you plan to read Todd Whitaker, Annette Breaux, and Elizabeth Breaux!

    If you're interested, here are sample chapters (and more information) about the three Eye On Education books that you mentioned:

    What Great Teachers Do Differently
    http://www.eyeoneducation.com/prodinfo.asp?number=669-1

    Seven Simple Secrets
    http://www.eyeoneducation.com/prodinfo.asp?number=7021-5

    REAL Teachers, REAL Challenges, REAL Solutions
    http://www.eyeoneducation.com/prodinfo.asp?number=664-0

    Thanks for contributing to the educational blogosphere!

    Morgan
    Eye On Education
    dubin@eyeoneducation.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I humbly suggest that you might like Conversations with Great Teachers?

    http://www.amazon.com/Conversations-Great-Teachers-Bill-Smoot/dp/0253354919

    ReplyDelete