To catch everyone up... Here's what's happened:
1. I survived my second year teaching! Whahoo!! The end of the year was jammed pack! We had a fun luau and an award's day, cleaned and packed away my classroom, and then hugs, hugs, good-bye!
2. I went on a 2 week vacation visiting family in Kentucky and Michigan with my husband. We went to a handful of various bodies of water kayaking and having a great time.
3. I bought Microsoft Office for Mac and began working on power points for school, since at the end of the year our projectors were installed. I also attended a technology workshop and learned so much about clickers and ELMOS. I really want one of those! I also created a portaportal for kindergarten teachers.
4. I've been a reading machine. I'm currently reading Teaching With Love & Logic: Taking Control of the Classroom by Jim Fay & David Funk, so hopefully I won't have as an exhausting third year. So far, this book has been amazing, and I am so grateful to the man who ordered it for me.
5. A teacher was throwing out a small bookshelf, so I brought it home. I've sanded it, and bought red paint for it. Perhaps I'll get around to it today.
6. I've continued to work on my application process for grad school. I need to take the MAT, but I'm dreading it. I took a practice test and scored high enough to be accepted, but what if I mess up on the actual test!? I've been brushing up on my vocabulary and such.
7. I've done some volunteering, which really cheers me up. I've handed out water to flood victims, helped renovate a building that provides food and clothing to the needy, helped a teacher move some of her things to her new classroom, and pulled weeds and such for dear friends.
8. I've been playing a lot of Banagrams. I love it!
9. I have been coloring and cutting and glueing several new file folder centers. If only I had a laminator...
10. Because this list wouldn't be complete without a number ten... I'm feeling more and more refreshed every day and am looking forward to setting up my classroom, which will hopefully be in a few weeks.
What's everyone else been up to??