Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Joyful Moments

1. During a lesson on writing A, I decided to call the horizontal line a belt. A kid said, "He's gonna whoop ya!"

2. During the same lesson, I asked the children why we practice handwriting. I explained if you don't write correctly, other people won't be able to read it. That statement was followed by a "You got that right!"

3. During a math lesson on position words, we were looking at a worksheet with animals that happened to include a pig and a wolf. One child said, "A wolf! The wolf eats the pig!" Another child responds with a motherly tone, "No. The wolf blows the pig's house down." She went on to retell the whole story of the Three Little Pigs.

4. While making our "All About Me" books, I explained that they could be anything they wanted to be when they grow up. One child sincerely and eagerly responded, "I want to be a snake!!" ...I tried to make myself clearer and explained that he couldn't be a snake. He just said, "Yes I can!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment